And we thought cork was only good for wine, how we were wrong. Cork is one of our favourite fabrics this season, with it’s incredible qualities and versatile nature it’s no surprise that cork has been popping up throughout our brands collections to create something functional and beautiful. Watch out leather, cork is coming for you.
Always wanting to know more, we did a bit of our own research into this beautiful and tough fabric. We just wonder why it's only just started to be used in clothing:
– Cork is naturally waterproof and fire resistant
– Portugal produces over 50% of the worlds annual harvested cork
– Cork is used in over 60% of the world’s wine stoppers
– A Cork Oak Tree lives for 200 years and is harvested every 9 years
– Cork is 100% natural, renewable, recyclable and biodegradable material